Sunday, November 18, 2012

Tis the Season, almost!


At this time every year it takes all I have to leave all the Christmas stuff packed up and Pandora off of the Christmas stations.

I made a vow (to myself) to wait until we get home, the Monday after Thanksgiving to decorate in all things merry and bright

AND… (sigh) to keep the buzzing of Christmas carols only in my head, even though Dish Network has already added the holiday music channels to our lineup.

In all honesty I am happy to do it because I really do dislike that Thanksgiving gets trampled on by all the bru-haha that comes with “the most wonderful time of the year.”

Thanksgiving is usually by far my favorite holiday but I normally forget that fact until after Christmas.


And still this year I am clinging to the way things were all of my years living with my parents. I so badly wish we were headed over the mountain Wednesday and were able to stay til “classes resumed” Monday, but I know this is another part of growing up.

Right now at 7:00pm on the Sunday before Thanksgiving, we still don’t have a clue what our plans are. AHHH!
My inner control freak is going nuts!

But, I am trying trying trying to be the quiet, understanding wife, who doesn’t nag about making plans.

Which includes pinning all kinds of Christmas “to-dos” on my Pinterest boards and cleaning.

Cleaning because there might be a chance we are going to spend Christmas here in Alamosa with both our families, and there is this little voice inside my head that thinks getting a head start on preparations will make a difference.

But let me get realistic with you for a minute,

1.   we have a 4 month old puppy who LOVES to shred paper, thanks to me, at the end of the election I got real sick of all the ads in our mailbox and started handing them over to Trip as soon as I walked in the door. Now that we have a paper box to start fires filled with junk mail we also have shards of news print everywhere.
2.  My husband is a WONDERFUL cook, and after the time change, he either beats me home or is right on my tail when I hit the driveway. So, he has been making dinner about 50% of the time or at least cooking the meat. Even though his meals are always so so tasty, the kitchen is such a disaster and a pain in my rear to clean. I love you Jeb & your cooking is the BEST!
3.  We live on a dirt road surrounded by hay fields, that are all dry and prepped for the freezing winter season, and at the back of our casa, (where we both park and where the door we primarily use is) the ground is so soft and stirs up dust flurries every time we pull in to our house.
4.  Last but not least, I hate laundry. (enough said.)


So cleaning now doesn’t change the fact that I will be doing it all again twice more before our parents come for Christmas.

Jeb finally caved in and helped me put up outside Christmas lights on our deck today; I think I hooked him by suggesting that today might be the last free day we have that is actually going to be warm.

He did make me promise not to turn them on until after Thanksgiving.


Once again I am so eager to go home. I and hoping that this time there will be more than enough time to spend with everyone. Realistically I know it’s not the case but I’ll take every minute I can get! 

1 comment:

  1. Miss you cousin! That silly little puppy of yours...:) I'm looking forward to getting all ready for christmas too!

    ReplyDelete